Currently reading:

"Marjorie Morningstar" by Herman Wouk







Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Admissions

Frustrations in Admissions Part Whatever
(I don't care what part it should be...I'm frustrated)

There are new people on our team; new people in admissions always start off well. They come in all guns blazin’ like Sarah Palin on crack and for some reason kick ass their first few months. It’s incredibly annoying. It is extra annoying due to the following reasons.

Competition for leads is on par with the battles in the Triwizard Tournament. Internally we compete against each other for the inquiries like wolves who have been starved for a week, viciously ripping the pages as we fly through our call lists. Our rep room used to be like a basket of kittens with full tummies – all sharing and considerate of each other…that is, until the leads dried up. We have a new system whereby one half o f the team gets leads and the other half has to scavenge the jungle of disconnected numbers and angry folks who have been called 989 times in the last two days.

Externally, we compete with the thousands of other schools these students have as options. It’s like a ridiculous episode of the Bachelor and we are a bunch of desperate, lonely, attention starved, hungry girls begging for the attention of one douche bag. It reminds me of Sorority Rush. Pick me, pick us, we are the best, we have x, y and z. If we dance while we show you the brochure will you pick us!?

Things will seem better if/when I am finally able to get back in the top tier and am fed some leads. Today I thought I might climb out of the bottom of the bucket by having some appointments show up so that I can be rewarded with leads. However all four of my appointments no-showed so I was viciously flicked back to the bottom again. I love my job when I actually feel like I am helping people change their lives. For now I will have to sit here in my cube like the runt who can’t reach the teat watching everyone else eat. It’s a sad, sad scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment