Currently reading:

"Marjorie Morningstar" by Herman Wouk







Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Facebook Attack on the President

Recent “hilarious” copy and paste recurring Facebook Status:

DEAR LORD, THIS YEAR YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTOR, PATRICK SWAYZE. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTRESS, FARAH FAWCETT. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE SINGER, MICHAEL JACKSON. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW, MY FAVORITE PRESIDENT IS BARACK OBAMA. AMEN


Really?

I mean first of all, we all know that Patrick Swayze is not your favorite actor. Yes, we all enjoyed Ghost, who doesn’t love a sweet ghost trying to avenge his death and save his fiancé from an evil banker? And I don’t know a woman who doesn’t get all tingly at the sight of gigolo Johnnie wooing a virgin teenager named “Baby” in our all time favorite dancing movie. However, brave battle with cancer or not, he is NOT your favorite actor, so I call your bluff.

Secondly, and most importantly, did you really just state in front of God and Facebook users that you wish the President of the United States were dead? I mean that is what you are saying in your not so cleverly sarcastic way. God gets your sarcasm, I mean, he is God after all, and I doubt he thinks it’s funny.

In my darkest hours during the Bush administration, and there were many, I never at any point wished him dead. Impeached? Maybe. Lost in the wilderness for a while and rendered unable to perform his duties as President? Perhaps. But never dead. He is a father, a husband, a son, a human. And whatever our differences, I am sure that he was trying to do his job and make the best decisions that he deemed necessary.

So for your lies and your insult to the President of the United States, may God and Patrick Swayze have mercy on your soul.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment