Currently reading:

"Marjorie Morningstar" by Herman Wouk







Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Letter to my Mutt

Dear Dakota,


I am so glad that you were born. Someone thought so little of you that they tossed you and your sisters in a box in the woods but luckily for you and the other rescue dogs most people are not like that person. Someone found you and gave you a temporary home until I could find you and become your lifetime home.


I love that there will never be another doggie just like you. You are unique and one of a kind and the fact that you are not a full breed dog means that you might not have undesirable characteristics that can result from over breeding.


I love that strangers are so curious about your sweet uniqueness that they consistently stop me to ask what type of dog you are. No one else can have one of you; you are your own individual made-up breed!


I love that you seem to know that you were rescued. You are so grateful to me for saving your life so you try extra hard to make me happy each day. Of course you are naughty sometimes but you find ways to say you are sorry.


I love your long undocked tail that looks like a broom sweeping the ground when you run by.
Your right ear will stand up but the other does not unless something extremely exciting is happening. Usually that floppy left ear just lies there, and it makes your face asymmetrical and adorable!


Above all else I love that you are my dog and I am so glad that you came into my life when you did, making you the only positive thing that resulted from my previous relationship! I will be your home and I promise to take good care of you because you love me unconditionally.

Love, Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment