Currently reading:

"Marjorie Morningstar" by Herman Wouk







Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pinterest

I love Pinterest! All the DIY ideas, recipes and pictures of fashion we want but can't afford are fascinating! Opening Pinterest every day is like a daily Christmas for my brain. There could be anything on there and I might find things I want, eeeeeekkkk!!! I mean there is some seriously cool shit on there; I am pretty convinced that eventually the solution to World Peace and Global Warming will pop up. However, I try to only re-pin or pin things that are actually good ideas, not just good ideas in theory.

For example, while I would agree that an old door or an old dresser can be made into millions of other things, how many of either do you actually have sitting around?

Every time I look at a Pin I have a few phases of critique.

1. Is this item relevant to me? Anything with the words “Child’s birthday party” or “bacon” gets skipped.

2. Do I think this is cool, interesting, cute or profound?

3. If the answer to number 2 is yes then I will then decide whether or not this item is useful in my day to day life and whether it is realistically doable. Also is it worth DIYing or better to just buy the darned thing somewhere (for example I recently saw a recipe for a salad that had no less than 35 ingredients.) NOT WORTH IT!

4. If the Pin would possibly be interesting to someone else then I will also decide whether to re-pin and share with the world (or with the two other people who didn’t already see the item on someone else’s board.)

What is your favorite "Pinterest!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment