Currently reading:

"Marjorie Morningstar" by Herman Wouk







Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Letter to Madonna

Dear Madonna,

You really need to stop talking smack about Lady Gaga. Especially smack like “She has borrowed a lot of her career from me.” If you believe that to be true then you probably have a lot of cross over fans (like me) that would prefer to like you both independently. Comments like yours only force me to put bad marks in your bucket of likeability and skew my fandom towards Gaga.

Gaga is newer, younger and hotter at this time. You need to recognize what you were (awesome performer who writes her own kick ass songs and was consistently spewing out hits for over 20 years) and what you are now (more of an icon.) That doesn’t make you any less awesome; that is until you start bashing other awesome performers who write their own kick ass songs and consistently spew out hits. Those are the similarities between your careers. If Gaga is borrowing that from you, then you borrowed it from Elton John.

Much Love,

One of your loyal fans

P.S. If the accent you have acquired is a result of living immersed among the British and is not, as some would suggest, intentionally spoken to make you sound smarter; I have had your back on that. I myself picked up quite the Kentucky twang when I was attending UK. However, I would make a point to stop it…just stop it. Mmkay?

No comments:

Post a Comment